Responsibility - Green Company
EHS Policy |
Moser Baer as an organization has achieved many
milestones with regard to EHS and some of these are:
- 22513 MWH energy saving was achieved during
2008-09 which reduced 9680.86 tons of Carbon dioxide
gas generation, thus intangible impact on global
warming could reduced.
- Saved 15570 Keekar trees through in-house
recycling/reusing wood pallets for product packing.
- Contained weighted accident rate 4.57 against
predefined challenging limit 4.80mmhw
- Achieved Training rate (Training /man/ year) more
than 4.65 against 3.00 targets given in annual
- Designed and Developed IN HOUSE HEAT TREATMENT
PROCESS for Pest Control in Wood as per ISPM-15
ELIMINATION OF METHYL BROMIDE which is ozone
depleting substance being used in wooden Pallet
- Secured prestigious certification of ISO
14001:2004, OHSAS 18001:2007 and SA 8000:2008
standards for Environment, Health & Safety
Management and Social accountability respectively,
audited by various certifying agency like DNV & TUV
- ENCINA-DUN & Bradstreet Award for “Environment
Management for the year 2008.
- Sony Green Partner Certification for product
environmental management system from Sony Japan
securing 96.5% -- highest score ever for any company
audited by Sony worldwide.
- FIRST in INDIA to receive Phytosanitary
Certificate from Government of India Ministry of
Agriculture with permanent code no IN-001-HT valid
in International Market.
- RAIN WATER HARVESTING at 16 locations and under
ground water level raised by 3 feet.
- NO SMOKING campaign successfully implemented
throughout the surrounding premises and declaring
the said area as SMOKING FREE Zone Duly approved by
- Substantial amount of Material recycling
(polycarbonate, dye, silver, etc) process in
practice to reduce input cost of the product.
- NON Use of Banned Substances in INPUT of product.
- Product safety certification "IEC 61646 and IEC
61730” by TUV InterCert for all solar modules.
- Name on Govt website for free consultancy on heat
treatment of wood packing materials as per ISPM 15.
- EHS AWARENESS SURVEY: - EHS awareness level
increased to 84.85% as compared to 78.75 in the last
- EHS Kaizen scheme launched in entire plant to
motivate employees for taking proactive approach
towards EHS improvements.
- Initiated bench marking practices with nearby
industry to improve EHS systems.